If you talk to many sales people in the merchant services world, you’ll notice that they are very quick to push countertop terminals. It makes sense for them to do so, because they will get a bigger paycheck from it. This leads to customers feeling “sold,” and also means they may end up with terminals that don’t match their business model.
However, at CPS Merchants, we don’t believe that’s the right way to do business. We believe that the best terminal to sell is the one that’s right for you – and in many cases, that’s a mobile terminal. If you aren’t sure whether or not a mobile terminal is right for you, check to see if any of these things are true...
- You work in an industry where credit card payments aren’t the norm. If you are a home improvement company or a makeup artist, you probably won’t get enough credit card payments to warrant a countertop device. Still, accepting credit cards is a wise choice – and one you should absolutely make. A mobile terminal will allow you to accept cards without the bigger price tag of a standard countertop device.
- You don’t have a storefront, nor do you have an online presence. No storefront means that you won’t have a counter to place your terminal on. In these cases, we strongly suggest having a mobile-based terminal, and to work on getting your own e-commerce platform off the ground. (We can help with both.)
- You’ve been toying with the idea of a virtual terminal for your business. Believe it or not, mobile terminals like the ones offered by CPS will allow you to have a virtual terminal for your online business as well. Quality is key, here, so if you’ve been wanting to look into a virtual terminal system, it may be a good idea to check out mobile terminals.
- You’ve been getting burned by clients who order goods but then “can’t pay any other way but cards”. Many delivery persons have had this happen to them over the years. It’s a foul thing and a good waste of time and money. Yes, it’s preventable by getting a mobile terminal that you can use to accept payments.
- You’re always on the go. Are you in a field where you’re constantly moving from place to place? Whether it’s going to a convention to sell your wares, doing door-to-door sales, or just having your own food truck, having a mobile payment terminal can help open up new routes of profit and also encourage customers to buy more than they’d typically be able to afford.
If you are looking for a flexible form of payment that you can take everywhere with you, then chances are that a mobile terminal will be the fit you want. If you’re ready to make the leap, or just want a no-pressure consultation, give CPS Merchants a call. We’re here to help you find your fit.